"Need of Grace"

"O that all my distresses and apprehensions
        might prove but Christ's school
        to make me fit for greater service
        by teaching me the great lesson of humbly"

                                               "Need of Grace" - Valley of Vision

     These past few months have been full of distresses and apprehensions for me as I have sought the Lord's mind concerning a possible teaching position for this upcoming fall. The job fell through and I'm thankful.

     I'm the type of person who works well when she knows what the next thing is. I think that's all of us. I do really well, feel as though I am best able to utilize my time, when I am given a checklist of things to do, of tasks to accomplish, when I know what the next thing is. Teaching was going to be that for me. Knowing the various struggles that would have been a part of that job, I'm thankful I won't be heading in that direction right now.

So, . . . .what's the next thing?


"Be still, and know that I am God." Ps. 46:10

"The heart of a man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps." Prov. 16:9

"Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established. The LORD has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble." Prov. 16:3-4

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: . . .He has made everything beautiful in its time." Eccl. 3:1, 11

      I know that the Lord closed the door for me to teach at that particular school this fall. He knows what's next. I am to do the next right thing, to obey what I do know right now, and he will direct my steps. 

A translation of Ps. 37:3 reads, "Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and feed on his faithfulness."

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?" Rom. 8:31-32

     I don't have to fear my needs not being met. I don't have to fear rejection or alienation from my Savior. I don't have to fear not having One who will 'listen to my plea for grace.' (Ps. 86:6) I don't have to fear not being enough (you fill in the blank). He is enough. He makes up for my lack and He will supply everything I need. He fills my cup to overflowing with His grace gifts. He knows the desires of my heart and He is more interested in doing me good than I am. He invested the life of His Son in me and He will and has given me all things that I need to live a life that pleases Him. 

"feed on His faithfulness."





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home