Contentment

(from the time spent at home this past winter)
Contentment is grounded in a firm trust in your God.

     That is a lesson the Lord has been teaching me over these past few months and even days. Things have been a bit topsy turvy here at home. It's taken some adjustment to get into the swing of a crazy stressful schedule - food pantry, care of elderly lady here in the building, sibling time, time with friends, etc. My life has been very busy, just in a very different sense than it was back in Greenville. Through it all, the Lord is continuing to teach me contentment and trust in His love for me and His desire to do me only good. I'm wiped out and emotionally drained but hopeful in Him.

     It hasn't all be work and stress. There have been some sweet times with my Savior too. :) I'm reminded often of my need for absolute dependence on Him. He doesn't scold or disapprove when I come to Him with things, situations, people I can't handle or don't understand. There have been plenty of those these past few weeks. I'm being reminded that He has an ultimate plan and He sees down the road when I can only see right now. I'm learning that His will is always good and there is great joy in submitting to it and trusting Him with it.

"Trust in the LORD at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us." Ps. 62:8

     I have been reminded that He enjoys giving me good gifts - whether or not they look 'good' in my eyes. I'm learning that He enjoys me and takes delight in those things that bring me delight - He gave them to me! He gives the patience to wait for those gifts that may be not right now and the continued ability to wait on Him and trust Him with the not at all's. He fills my days with small gifts meant to bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home