Waiting

     That moment when God pulls back the curtain of uncertainty and shows you truth. . . . .when God answers questions that have long run the track of your mind, questions that have caused heart angst and heaviness. . . . that moment when God shows you just the next step, after waiting long for it  . . . .that moment happened tonight. He pointed me in the direction I should go and told me to walk therein. He put some puzzle pieces in place and gave me peace about them, peace that is possible in the face of an uncertain tomorrow. He closed my heart to certain possibilities, showed me ones I still need to surrender to Him, and opened my heart to others - to waiting..

     I think that waiting is the biggest puzzle piece He showed me tonight. It doesn't make sense that waiting can be something so definite and concrete, but it is. It's the next step, the next rock to leap to in the stream, the next pavement stone to tread on the path that leads to His front door. God doesn't expect me to plan tomorrow, or next month, or next year. He doesn't expect me to have answers to all the questions about my tomorrows; He asks for obedience and trust for my right now's. "What does God want me to do?" That's always the question. That's always the question for right. now. Answering that is something that I can panic about, run away from, ignore and hope it gets answered somewhere else down the line. If I keep the application of the answer to that in the realm of the big decisions in my life - the unknown, tentative ones like vocation, spouse, geographic location 5 years from now, etc - I can 'postpone' answering that question for the right now, right? The truth is, I don't have to figure out those answers - God will show them, He will give them to me - in His timing. God will also give the grace to grow to those answers.

     Something else God reminded me of tonight - He gives perfect grace. He gives the grace that grows along the way - that grows me along the way. He gives me the ability to accomplish what He wants me to do in my right now. He gives the grace to grow me to where He wants me to be down the road - down the road when I'll be faced with the answers to those unknown questions. He gives me the grace to wait for those answers. "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things in all times, you may abound . . . You will be enriched in every way" 2 Cor. 9:8,11

He. gives. grace. to. wait. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Pieces of Home