When I'm honest . . .

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8

     It is so hard to be honest with myself. I love thinking well of myself and can be quick to judge others' insight into how my actions need correction and/or thoughtful consideration. I don't like admitting when I'm wrong and I'm quick to point out the speck in my brother's eye and ignore the plank in my own. When the Lord serves us His love in the platter of humility, it can be hard to digest. But only in honest confession can I be forgiven and heal from my pride wounds.  

     I was meditating/re-memorizing 1 John 1 and the first part of chapter 2 this morning. The Lord used His words to apply His truths to a situation that I'm experiencing right now."If we say we that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness [i. e. pride], we lie and do not practice the truth." (1:6), "If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." (1:10). "But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." (1:7), "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1:9). 

      I have been walking in pride, in darkness, and in self-love. But God has been shining the light of His truth into my heart and is showing me the beauty of His grace. When I choose to step out of the darkness and self-deception and am willing to let Him expose my pride and my self-love, I can be washed clean and again walk in fellowship with Him and with my family in Christ. Oh what a joy His healing brings! He is faithful and just to forgive MY sins and to cleanse ME of all unrighteousness! "My heart overflows with a pleasing theme!" Ps. 45:1"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home