When in weakness. . . . .

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor. 12:9-10)

     "I am content with weaknesses, insults, . . . ." Oh, what a grace that is strong, that never speaks a harsh or cutting word! It never fails, because God does not fail. God never verbally abuses His children or kicks them when they're down. He infuses them with strength and the ability to endure. He does not ask us to ignore or deny our pain - He asks us to tell Him about it. He never condemns us for it - He listens, He cradles, and He loves.

"But we hold this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power is of God and not of us." 2 Cor. 4:7a.

     I am reminded of the lines in the poem "Footprints" written by Carolyn Joyce Carty, "The LORD replied: My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you." 

     I stand in grace (Rom. 5:2). I am empowered by grace and I am carried in grace. That's a pretty sweet place to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home