"I desire mercy"

     We studied the God of mercy this afternoon in class. His mercy is so easily overlooked. His tender compassion ignored. We're so busy working for God that we forget to stop and look for 'the least of these' whom we can serve in Jesus' name. We miss His quiet love when we are too busy rushing around, behaving as if we were created to be human 'doings' rather than human 'beings.'

     For me, it is easier to miss God's love and God's mercy because I have become so accustomed to believe that it is my performance that earns me approval with God and I fail to rest in the approval and love that I have already because of Jesus. I don't rest in His love and I struggle to believe it.

     God's love and undeserved mercy provide a strong foundation upon which to build and live a life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home