John 15:9

"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love."

      The past 6 weeks have been a season of pruning and of revelation about the love of the Father, the Son, and the Spirit for me, His bride. A small group of us were reading through the book of John earlier this week and we didn't make past the end of chapter 14. I then proceeded to continue reading on my own but the Lord hasn't allowed me to move beyond this verse.

     I'm generally one who loves racing through life, always wanting to know what's next. The Father has placed me in a position of waiting on Him, slowing down, and spending time with Him. Part of the rushing was due to the fact that I didn't think He had time for me or that He wanted to share His plans for me with me.

     He has been so gentle to show me that these things are not so. He has all the time in the world for me and He delights in and enjoys spending time with me! He wants to share His heart with me, His love with me, His plans with me. I need to slow down enough to listen and to seek. I don't have to be anything or do anything to gain His attention or approval. I have it because I belong to Him. He created me. He delights in me! I bring Him pleasure, not because of what I can do but simply because of who I am - I am His.

     The times spent with Him, just being with Him and seeking and listening to His heart have been so sweet. We've shared walks, picnics, time listening to the rain falling on the roof. I've curled up on His lap, just sat with Him. As I've begun to unfold the questions and desires of my heart, He has begun to give answers and to share His desires with me as well. It's such a sweet exchange.

"Abide, make your home in, rest, stay, get cozy, remain in my love."

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home