Psalm 131

"O LORD, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. 

But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. 

O Israel, hope in the LORD from this time forth and forevermore." 
                                                                                                                    Psalm 131

"All worrying is a desperate wanting of my own way." -Ann Voskamp

     "Be still. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .and know that I am God." Ps. 46:10


     How often is my heart lifted up, how often I strive to understand God, and why? Why do I seek to manipulate circumstances because they best please me? Why me? What have I done to be proud of? "In my flesh dwells no good thing." Rom. 7:18 When I have the One who orchestrates the flow of eternity guiding the course of my rivulet of life, why do I fear?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home