His precious thoughts toward me


"I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. . . . 

     How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you." Ps. 139:14, 17-18

     I am learning what it means to go to the Scripture and have it renew my mind. The security His truth brings is so stabilizing. 

"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;" Ps. 63:1a

"Let them thank the LORD for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of men!" 
Ps. 107:8,15,21,31

"For your steadfast love is great above the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the clouds." Ps. 108:4

"O, the deep, deep love of Jesus,
 Vast, unmeasured, boundless, free!
 Rolling as a mighty ocean,
 In it's fullness over me!
 Underneath me, all around me,
 Is the current of Thy love!
 Leading onward, leading homeward,
 To my glorious rest above!" 
- Samuel Trevor Francis

     His steadfast love . . . .His faithful, covenant, sworn by Himself, love. . . . . . rest, peace, contentment, and joy such are found there in that love, in His precious thoughts toward me, toward you.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home