Loved

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.
John 15:9

When do you doubt the love of the Trinity for you? Do you believe that their love is conditional? Conditional on your behavior, your obedience, on your love for them?

When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, 'Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?' He said to him, 'Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.' He said to him, 'Feed my lambs.' He said to him a second time, 'Simon, son of John, do you love me?' He said to him, 'Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.' He said to him, 'Tend my sheep.' He said to him a third time, 'Simon, son of John, do you love me?' Peter was grieved because he said to him a third time, 'Do you love me?' and he said to him, 'Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.' Jesus said to him, 'Feed my sheep.' 
John 21:15-17

Jesus knows that you love Him. He sees and knows your heart.

My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
John 10:27

He wants you to know that you are loved by Him. If you belong to Him, He knows you. He sees your desire to follow Him. Relax.

Cease striving and know that I am God.
Ps. 46:10

Rest. Abide. Be still. Just be in His presence. You don't have to do anything, say anything to be loved by Him, to be in His presence. There is no formula. There is no checklist. Just be. Just be loved by Him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home