Skin thirsty, soul thirsty


 Dry and parched,
bleeding, sore, 
skin thirsty, soul thirsty.   

Thirsty soul - dying from lack of Water.

How often do I neglect
the time to nourish that which is my protection,
my first defense- time with Him?
Why do I? 

Why do I choose against life, fullness of joy inexpressible, rejoicing, peace, rest,

slathering my soul with His life-giving love
for the embellishment of that which will fade,
is deceitful, vain, withering each moment more, will break down, bruise, and bleed? 

And I wonder at His seeming silence, . . . . . 
my coldness and lack of responsiveness toward Him
And His command.
I wonder that I balk at His goodness and grace
when I have hewn out broken and cracked sisterns
rather than revel in the endless Life-spring for my sustenance. 

Soul thirsty - desperate to be filled with His grace.  

And. He. fills. 
He. overflows. my. cup.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home