2 Peter 1:3

"His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, "






      He has begun this good work in me and He will complete it. He is a master watch-winder and He is constantly winding my clock to again accurately keep in time with His plan for me. He renews my mind when I sit at His feet.

     One cog in the watch of my life that I have been dealing with of late is my allusion of my control over 'my' life. Looking back over things that didn't go as I planned, I am tempted to try to figure out what went wrong and how I can keep those 'mistakes' from happening again. This is my attempt to manipulate people and circumstances to fit the 'timing' I think is best for my life.

 "You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God" 1 Cor. 6:19b-20a

"Bought by such love, my life is not my own. My praise, my all, shall be for Christ alone." - Chris Anderson

     When I take my eyes off of myself and my flawed understanding of what life should look like and just accept the circumstances that the Lord has given me, I find peace; I find grace; I find all those things that enable me to life for 'his glory and excellence'. My clock keeps time with His and there is a glorious harmony played by the chimes. They speak of His beauty, of His peace, of His grace and of His control. And that is what my life is meant to do - speak of Christ, not me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home