Intentionality

"blessed by the LORD, . . . who had led me by the right way"
Gen. 24:48


This verse is taken from the story of Abraham's servant seeking a wife for Isaac. The details that God directed in order for Abraham's servant to find exactly who the Lord had for Isaac are incredible. Nothing escapes His notice and nothing is beyond His reach. Just as He worked on behalf of Isaac, my God works on my behalf. He leads and directs, if only to the next baby step on the path. 

"in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them." Ps. 139:16b

"I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. For I know that plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, declares the LORD."  Jer. 29:10-13

He is intentional in His working in my life. Even though I can't see everything He's doing, all the behind-the-scenes details He's orchestrating, that doesn't mean He's not doing anything. He has been giving me glimpses of His working. He's been slowly shutting doors and keeping others open. God could give me all the answers to my questions right now, but He doesn't want to do that. I wouldn't have a need for Him. I wouldn't learn to trust Him, but would lean on my own understanding. He wants a relationship with me. By withholding all the answers He's teaching me that dependence and trust. 

"I'll never leave you nor forsake you." Heb. 13:5

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will keep you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Is. 41:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home