For ten thousand years

"Ev'ry morning that breaks there mercies anew. 
  Ev'ry breath that I take is Your faithfulness proved; 
   And at the end of each day, when my labors are through, 
    I will sing of your mercies anew.

 When I've fallen and strayed, there were mercies anew;
   For You sought me in love and my heart You pursued. 
    In the face of my sin, Lord, You never withdrew, 
     So I sing of Your mercies anew.

 When the storms swirl and rage, there are mercies anew.
  In affliction and pain, You will carry me through;
   And at the end of my days, when Your throne fills my view,
    I will sing of Your mercies anew.

 And Your mercies, they will never end; 
  For ten thousand years they remain.
   And when this world's beauty has passed away,
    Your mercies will be unchanged."

- Mercies Anew -  by Bob Kauflin and Mark Altrogge

     Several of those lines have struck me. "And Your mercies, they will never end;" The thought is so comforting and such a security. Selah.

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Spirit, Jesus, Home, Abide

Waiting

Pieces of Home